Opioid Crisis in the Workplace
A Proactive Approach for Employers
Free to Attend With Breakfast by Panera Bread
October 11th 2018
Original Release: 9/22/2018
Opioid Crisis in the Workplace. A Proactive Approach for Employers. A Free to Attend Event With Breakfast by Panera Bread. Must Register by October 9th 2018 .
Lyndhurst Community Center
1341 Parkview Drive
Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124
Attendees must register by October 9th 2018 at https://www.hrcc.org/events/opioid-crisis-in-the-workplace-a-proactive-approach-for-employers/.
Ohio has one of the nation's highest per capita overdose death rates and has become the posterchild for the opioid crisis in national media.
This is a public health crisis and a dire threat to the workforce and the economic vitality of our state.
American employers lose $80 billion annually in productivity, absenteeism, accident and healthcare costs due to drug abuse and addiction.
One in three employers do not have any element of a comprehensive drug-free workplace program in place to protect their businesses.
CSU Small Business Development Center and the ➤ Heights-Hillcrest Regional Chamber of Commerce (HHRCC) have partnered to bring a panel of experts from various organizations to address the current opioid epidemic and what employers can do to protect their businesses and assist employees.
This is a great opportunity to support a workshop that is providing tools, resources and education to assist employers and their families with helping their employees become stable, healthy and well.
Includes breakfast provided by Panera Bread.
Moderator: Katie Van Dyke, Director, CSU SBDC
Speakers and Panelists:
- ➜ Dr. Randy Jernejcic - Chief Medical Officer at Ahuja Medical Center; Leads UH Steering committee on Opioid Safety
- ➜ Karen Pierce - Managing Director of Policy Development & Training at Working Partners
- ➜ Richard N. Selby II - Partner & Attorney at Law managing Commercial Litigation Department at Dworken & Bernstein CO., L.P.A.
- ➜ Peter Young - Senior Consultant at Paramount Preferred Solutions - affiliate of ProMedica Health Systems
- ➜ Elizabeth Thames - Deputy State Director at U.S. Senate
- ➜ Emily Rodriquez - Associate Director, New Market Development, United Way of Greater Cleveland
- ➜ Ben Miladin - Director of Health, United Way of Greater Cleveland
- ➜ Scott Osiecki - Chief Executive Officer at ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County
For more information call: Karen Schaefer, Executive Director, ➤ Heights-Hillcrest Regional Chamber of Commerce (HHRCC), (216) 97-7322 ☎, email@example.com ✉ or Katie Van Dyke, Director CSU SBDC, (216) 321-1633 ☎, firstname.lastname@example.org.
⇧ Back To Top