Job Opportunity: Assistant Clerk of Council
May 31st 2017 Application Deadline
Original Release: 5/18/2017
Assistant Clerk of Council Job Opportunity
The City of Lyndhurst, Ohio is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Clerk of Council. This permanent part-time position performs all administrative and secretarial functions for City Council. The Clerk is the primary recorder and archivist for the City and maintains all Official Records. As such, the Clerk prepares the Agenda, most legislation, notices, contracts, and transcribes minutes working closely with the Vice Mayor, Law Director, and Finance Director.
The position requires the qualified individual be in attendance for all evening Council and Special Committee meetings. Council meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
Hours & Compensation
- Prepares, records, maintains, and distributes public and legal notices, agendas, and meeting packets.
- Serves as liaison to City Council; and oversees the codification and maintenance of City Ordinances.
- Handles phone calls, emails, and correspondence for City Council.
- Serves as the custodian and further certifies, seals, and attests to all Official City records.
- Provides information to citizens, civic groups, and other parties as requested.
- Coordinates City Council actions and works with the City's administrative staff and the public.
- Provides assistance in researching records, documents, City Council activities, and legislation.
Monday-Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm with the exception of bi-monthly evening Council Meetings. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline April 30th, 2017 (no phone calls).
Mary Kovalchik, Director of Finance
City of Lyndhurst
5301 Mayfield Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124
The City of Lyndhurst, Ohio is an EEO Employer.